Fiebings Leather Dye is for dyeing leather shoes, boots, handbags, belts, saddles, harness, athletic equipment, etc. Fiebings Leather Dye is the most recognized penetrating, alcohol-based leather dye in the world. Dries uniformly and mixes easily to create interesting middle tones. Perfect for all your dried Gourd artistic designs.
Other Fiebing products to be used with this product:
- Deglazer-for cleaning and preparing leather before dyeing
- Saddle Soap-for cleaning and preserving the leather
- Prime Neatsfoot Oil Compound or 100% Pure Neatsfoot Oil-for replacing essential oil lost in leather
Color Control: When changing from a previously dyed color, it is best to do it in two steps. First, neutralize the original color with an intermediate color. Then repeat the dyeing process with the final color desired. For example:
- To dye WHITE leather BLACK, dye it GREEN or BLUE and then BLACK
- For WHITE into DARK BLUE, first weak BLACK (4 to 1), then DARK BLUE
- For GREEN into BLACK, first RED, then BLACK
- For WHITE into DARK RED, first TAN, then DARK RED
- For WHITE into BROWN, first dye LIGHT GREEN, then BROWN
- For RED into BLACK, first GREEN, then BLACK
Dye Mixing for Intermediate Colors:
- YELLOW & BLUE => varying shades of GREEN
- YELLOW & RED => varying shades of ORANGE to RED
- RED & BLUE => shades of deep PURPLE to LAVENDER
- RED & PURPLE => WINE
- BROWN & YELLOW => GOLDEN BROWN or TAN
- BROWN & RED => MAROON to DARK BROWN
*PLEASE NOTE: Effective January 1, 2007 this item is no longer for sale in California. California law prohibits the sale and shipping of these items. Please do not add this item to your cart if you have a California shipping address. The order WILL NOT be filled.
**THIS ITEM IS NOT FOR SALE OUTSIDE OF THE US!
***This item ONLY ships UPS Ground! You MUST choose UPS Ground for your order to be filled. Please remember that UPS Ground does NOT ship to P.O. Boxes. Thank you for your cooperation!